This section presents the main orientation, careers guidance and study assistance that the University offers students in order to prevent feelings of isolation and dropping out by encouraging students to participate actively in university life.
Once the university programme is underway, the Orientation Service supports students with:
- Particular attention to freshers, to help them avoid the sense of isolation that may arise in this completely new world after secondary school (POP - Percorso Orientamento Primi anni – First years’ Orientation Track)
- Information and advice from specialised staff (careers meetings to check choices made, to analyse didactic and organisational study needs, benefits linked to rights to study, etc.)
- Peer-tutoring and study groups with participation of university students (SOSTA, Study groups)
- The creation of a reference network to promote the awareness and use by students of the support services provided by the Departments through specialised tutoring (educational tutoring)
- Orientation interviews for graduates intending to continue in higher education with Master’s degrees or advanced professional training in specialist fields. In this case also, the Orientation Service collaborates with the Departments and course leaders, particularly for the Master’s courses.