If you are an international student and wish to register or enrol on any Italian university course, you should first refer to the regulations of the Ministry of Education, University and Research regarding the number of available places for each course.
The Ministry distinguishes between different types of “international student”:
- non-EU students, resident abroad
- EU students
- international students with a residency permit in Italy
- Italian students with academic certification from abroad.
Rules vary according to the type of course you choose: undergraduate degree, Master’s or single-cycle Master’s; a non-Medicine specialisation program; post-grad diploma; Specialist Master’s (I or II level); or an individual module.
Before visiting the Student Services office (Segreteria Studenti), check that you have all the necessary personal paperwork and read the Ministry regulations
Here below you can view and download a table detailing the quotas reserved for international students and, specifically, Chinese students.
If your academic or professional qualification was issued by an institution abroad, we advise you to consult Qualifyme!, the platform for recognition of qualifications awarded abroad.
Additional assistance may be found via this link You want to go abroad
For further information or queries, contact the Erasmus and International Students Office:
- via Duomo 6, palazzo del Rettorato, Vercelli, from Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 11.30 am;
- Telephone: 0161.261.523, Fax: 0161.219.421
- Email: email@example.com
University Pre-Enrolment On Universitaly
Visit the UniversItaly website: www.universitaly.it, the portal set up by the Ministry of Education, University and Research to guide students in their educational and training needs.
The International Students application allows the following online operations:
- presentation of a pre-enrolment application for higher education in Italy by non-EU students who require a study visa
- validation of pre-enrolment applications by higher education institutions and forwarding of these applications to the Embassies or Consulates specified by the applicant
- receipt by Embassies of pre-enrolment applications (pre-approved by Institutions) and any other information necessary for the issue of a study visa.
For the academic year 2020-2021, online pre-enrolment is open exclusively to students intending to register with the University. It is no longer necessary to:
- complete Form A;
- provide proof of academic eligibility with Form D;
- send lists of students and confirmations via PEC. This data will be transferred exclusively via the International Students application.
Key in your details on the relevant form – once registered, you can access all areas, choose your selected course and attach copies of your qualification certification.
Statements of Comparability and Verification - Diplome
As of Monday 3 February 2020, the services included in the Agreement between Università degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale and CIMEA for the issue of Statements of Comparability and/or Verification will be managed on the Diplome platform (entirely in English language).
Through the Diplome platform, CIMEA issues its Statements of Comparability using blockchain technology, allowing users to share details/proof of their qualifications with any institution worldwide in a simple, safe and registered way.
As well as the Statement of Comparability, it is also possible to request a Statement of Verification: CIMEA, thanks to extensive experience in the field, will verify whether an academic qualification (university or secondary school) is genuine and actually issued by the foreign institution in question.
Students interested in enrolling on our courses may create their own account via the relevant page at the following link: https://cimea.diplo-me.eu/piemonteorientale/#/auth/login
Once you have created your MyDiplome account, you can autonomously manage all communication with CIMEA professionals and, specifically:
- find all the information necessary to request a Statement of Comparability and/or Verification;
- access the section “Required Documents”, where there is a detailed list of documentation required for Statement certificates for all countries worldwide
- download the Consent Form to complete and attach to the Statement request;
- Contact us directly via the “Info Request” service for any further requests or information.
Each user may check the status of their CIMEA request application via the “My Services” section in their personal MyDiplome account.
Statements of Comparability and Verification issued by CIMEA will be sent directly to the applicant in PDF format via the “My Services” section and then added to the digital Wallet (registered and shared directly with the student using blockchain technology).
“Extra-Titoli” (Other-Qualification) Service
The Extra-Titoli Helpdesk is a guidance service on academic and professional qualifications of international students in Italy.
The Extra-Titoli Service is again up and running from May 2020, with online meetings available.
To make an appointment, call the following number (320 8251188) or visit the service’s Facebook page