Unrestricted numbers, subject to possession of enrolment requisites, evaluated via interview
Department of Humanities
Prof. Eleonora Destefanis
This course provides indepth knowledge in various fields of humanistic studies (language, literature, history, geography and cultural heritage) and across the various historical eras, from ancient times to the present day. It supplies you with a practical knowledge of the main IT tools and emerging problems of new digital methods for transmission of texts. You will study in a welcoming atmosphere, with the support of top-class tutors. As well as opening the door to secondary school teaching opportunities, you will gain access to professional prospects in the editorial field, in museums, archives, libraries and cultural institutions, roles in the world of communication and public relations in public and private organisations. Graduates in this field can also carry out research in humanities for public and private institutes, or continue their studies with doctoral research.
- Solid education in the humanities
- Dual track programme with “Humanities” and “Cultural Heritage” (experimental)
- Acquisition of credits for access to teaching roles, as required by various calls for teaching applications
- Option to pursue a dual Italian-French qualification within the bi-national degree programme agreeement with Université de Savoie Mont Blanc of Chambéry
- Opportunity to study abroad (with Erasmus and Free-Mover programmes)
- Many options for an internship, both in Italy and abroad.
Erasmus partner institutes
- Austria: Graz.
- Belgium: Liegi.
- France: Bordeaux, Lille, Metz, Versailles, Paris Diderot, Grenoble, Chambery.
- Germany: “Ludwig Maximilian” (Munich), Marburg, Aachen, Bochum, Potsdam.
- Norway: Volda.
- Poland: Warsaw, Wroclaw, Lodz, “Adam Mickiewicz” Poznań.
- Portugal: Madeira.
- Romania: Alba Iulia, Bucarest.
- Spain: Malaga, “Carlos III” (Madrid), “Miguel de Cervantes” (Valladolid), Alcalã, Valencia, Tenerife, Salamanca, Seville, Vigo, Santiago de Compostela, Cáceres, Santander, Ciudad Real, Huelva.
Career and employment options
Teaching – literature, Latin, Greek and geography for secondary school students (subject to further studies and certification by the Ministry of Education)
Careers in public and private institutions working in the field of cultural heritage (museums, state archives, foundations, businesses)
Roles in the world of publishing (writing, editing and management of editorial projects) and cultural promotion and communication (organisation of cultural events, intermediary communication and public relations services).
Careers in the highly-specialised research field.