Department of Science, Technology and Innovation
Alessandria, viale T. Michel 11; Vercelli, piazza S. Eusebio 5
Prof. Maria Cavaletto
This course provides a solid foundation in general biology and specific sectors of biology applied to three fields: environmental, biomedical and nutritional. You will become familiar with the most innovative molecular technologies, in order to undertake interdisciplinary study of cell systems (plant, animal and human) in natural and stress conditions. You will become familiar with scientific research methodology, acquiring critical analysis skills for research projects, with ongoing exchange of ideas between teachers and students. There is the opportunity to try new learning methods, perfecting your soft skills and thus preparing you for a career as a biologist.
- Divided into three curricula: agro-environmental; biomedical and biomolecular; nutrition and environment
- Teaching laboratories and innovative research throughout the programme
- “Tailored to students” university environment
- Direct interaction with experts in the field of biology
- Guidance and support when applying for Erasmus and Free-Mover programmes.
Erasmus partner institutions
- Spain: “Miguel De Cervantes” (Valladolid), Saragozza, Granada, Cordova, Seville, Politécnica de Catalunya (Barcelona).
- France: Nantes, Sophia-Antipolis (Nice), Lumière 2 (Lyons).
- Poland: PJ-IIT (Warsaw).
- Portugal: Nova (Lisbon), University of Debrecen (Debrecen).
Career and employment options
- Enrolment on professional Register of Senior Biologists, subject to passing State Exam. Freelance biologist or nutritionist.
- Continued post-graduate studies with a research doctorate programme.
- Roles in public and private organisations for biological, microbiological, clinical chemical analysis and quality control.
- Roles in the fields of environmental monitoring, preservation of natural assets, biocontrol.
- Roles in private or public organisations working in the fields of environmental monitoring, preservation of natural heritage, and biocontrol.
- Roles in science communication, education and information diffusion.