Unrestricted numbers, subject to suitability of previous studies
The programme offers two curricula, each divided into two areas according to chosen track:
- Business Management and Economics (LM – 56)
- Institution Management and Economics (LM – 76)
- Public Administration Economics and Policies (LM – 56)
- Law, Economics and Institutions (LM – 76)
Qualification: It is possible to undertake a bi-national degree in partnership with Masarykova Università (Brno, Czech Republic) and the universities of Rennes I (France), Tampere (Finland) and Fribourg (Switzerland).
Department of Law and Political, Economic and Social Sciences
Corso T. Borsalino, 42 - Alessandria
Alessandria, via Cavour 84
Prof. Daniele Bondonio
This degree course provides you with the skills required by companies and consultancy agencies, public authorities, international organisations, European and national governmental authorities, and research institutes. The courses are held in a stimulating environment with excellent student/teacher communication, and also offer the chance to study entirely in English. Topics are covered in the areas of management, company organisation, law, business economics and management, statistic methods for business decision-making and project evaluation, economic theory and applied economics, history of economics and European institutions. Studying for part of the course abroad, and the bi-national degree option, prepare you for high-profile roles in international organisations and key managerial roles in internationalisation processes.
- 4 bi-national partnerships (with the universities of Fribourg –CH-; Rennes 1 –FR-; Tampere –FIN, Masarik Brno –CZ);
- internship opportunities at the European Commission in Brussels
- extremely high post-study employment rates, and high course satisfaction ratings from graduates, according to the latest ALMALAUREA report
- a diverse cultural context with students arriving from many parts of Italy, as well as international visiting students
- high-profile careers and prestigious employment opportunities for highest-performing graduates.
Erasmus partner institutions
- Bulgaria: "National and World Economics" (Sofia).
- Czech Republic: Hradec, Masaryk (Brno).
- Finland: Tampere.
- France: Savoie (Chambéry), Sud-Toulon-Var (Tolone), Sophia-Antipolis (Nice), Rouen, Rennes I, Reims-Champagne-Ardenne (Reims), Catholique de Lyon, Paris Nanterres (Paris), Montpellier, Strasbourg.
- Germany: Trier, Marburg.
- Lithuania: Kaunas.
- Malta: Malta (Msida).
- Poland: “Karol Adamiecki Economiczny” (Katowice), “Jagiellonsky” (Krakow), "Lazarki School of commerce and law" (Warsaw).
- Portugal: Castelo Branco, Lisbon, Porto.
- United Kingdom: Winchester.
- Romania: “1 Decembrie 1918” (Alba Iulia).
- Spain: Alicante, "Miguel Hernandez" (Elche), Jaen, Murcia, La Laguna (Tenerife), "Rovira i Virgili" (Tarragona), Vigo.
Internship with the European Commission: An internship at the European Commission is available for one graduate/final year student enrolled on the degree programme (in the Sector of Evaluation of the European Semester, of the Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy).
Career and employment options
- Management or research roles in private companies, public administration, international organisations and co-operatives
- Career in consulting firms and research centres
- Specialists in impact evaluation of public works, experts in quantitative forecasting of business strategies, organisation development specialists; specialists in economic systems
- Some examples of career opportunities taken up by recent graduates:
- CNH Industrial, Institutional Relations Representative Office to the EU;
- UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute);
- KPMG UK;
- Savings Bank Foundations of Alessandria and Asti
- ELECNOR SPA Projects and Infrastructures for Sustainable Energy
- REPLY, System Integration and Digital Service
- CSIL, Centre for Industrial Studies.