Dipartimento di Scienze e Innovazione Tecnologica
Vercelli, P.zza Sant'Eusebio 5
Prof. Irma Dianzani
Strengths of the course
- International course
- Classes will be held in English
- Interdisciplinarity: initiative that involves several UPO Departments (DISIT, DISS, DIMET and DISEI and with the contribution of DiGSPES and DSF)
- specific knowledge in the field of food and health, and competence in the evaluation of the environmental risks associated with food production
- teachings on soft skills are included
You will increase your knowledge on the chemical composition of food, on the main transformation methods,,on the biochemistry and physiology of food. You will learn to use the complex methods of system biology, to evaluate the different aspects of nutrition and the role of nutrition in health and disease and disease prevention. You will also explore the agronomic aspect of food production, with regard to the environmental impact, from a health-related perspective.
In order to be admitted to this course, students need to have a laurea diploma in L-13 class (Biological Science) or L-2 Class (Biotecnology) obtained from UPO or any other Italian Univesity.
If you have a degree on similar subjects obtained in Italy or abroad you could be admitted only after verification by the educational structure
- Spain: “Miguel De Cervantes” (Valladolid), Saragozza, Granada, Cordova, Siviglia, Politécnica de Catalunya (Barcellona).
- France: Nantes, Sophia-Antipolis (Nizza), Lumière 2 (Lione).
- Polonia: PJ-IIT (Varsavia).
- Portugal: Nova (Lisbona)
The Graduates will be able to carry out professional and managerial activities recognized by the regulation for the professional profile of the biologist. They will be able to work in the following environments
- Public and private institutions that perform biological, microbiological, chemical-clinical analyses and quality control of products of biological origin;
- Private companies or public institutions active in nutrition;
- Private practice as biologist;
- The sectors of communication, scientific dissemination, information and publishing;
- Universities and research institutions
- The graduates may also access to PhD programs and second level Master course according to the present regulation