The term “public engagement” is used to describe the many ways in which the activity and benefits of higher education and research can be shared with the public to generate mutual benefit.
UPO organises a wide range of public engagement events and there are many examples of departments, research groups, individual researchers and students who get involved with public engagement initiatives.
We also maintain a network of community contacts to nurture charitable, educational and voluntary partnerships between the University and its communities. We try to cultivate the garden where we live.
The big events we coordinate include:
- the Opening Ceremony of the Academic Year (January);
- the Graduation Day (June);
- the European Researchers’ Night (September);
- the Career Day (October);
- the Viotti International Competition of Music (October), in partnership with the Società del Quartetto.