In this section you may find some useful information about what to do on your arrival in Italy
- EU citizens wishing to stay in Italy for periods not exceeding three months should report their presence on Italian territory to the local Police authorities.
- EU citizens wishing to stay in Italy for a period exceeding three months should register with the local Anagrafe (population register of the place of residence) for the district they reside in.
- You must give evidence of having enough financial means as well as being covered by a health insurance for the duration of your stay in Italy.
Non EU citizens
Within eight days of arrival, you must apply for a stay permit for study purposes.You need:
- a health insurance.
- Codice Fiscale (tax code), which will be delivered to you by the Agenzia delle Entrate (Italian Agency of Revenue).
The local Questura (Central Police Station) for your place of residence in Italy will issue the stay permit. You can ask for assistance from a local Patronato (Welfare agency).
Step 1: At the Post Office
- two photocopies of your valid passport with the visa if requested for your country
- photocopy of your Codice Fiscale (tax code)
- photocopy of certificate, issued by the University, attesting that you are here for study and the duration of your stay
- photocopy of the document certifying that you have enough financial means. You can submit a bank account statement or an attestation of having been granted a scholarship for the whole study period
- photocopy of the health insurance valid for the entire period of validity of the stay permit
- a 16 Euros Marca da Bollo (Italian stamp duty)
- photocopy of the host declaration or, if not available, of a document proving your address in Italy (domicilio)
With all these documents, you must apply at a Sportello Amico (Post office booth). You will pay:
- 27.50 Euros to issue the electronic stay permit
- 80 Euros for stay permits lasting from three months up to one year
- 30 Euros for sending the application
You will get a letter with the date of your appointment at the Questura.
Step 2: At the Questura
- your passport
- 4 identical passport size photographs
- original document of the health insurance policy, valid throughout Italy and for the entire period of validity of the stay permit
- Codice Fiscale (tax code)
- certificate, issued by the Università del Piemonte Orientale, attesting that you are here for study and the duration of your stay
- document certifying that you have enough financial means
- receipt issued by the Post Office
- original host declaration (an official form should be provided by the local Questura)