The world of university and the research field actively participate in the issue of sustainable development, creating synergy, sharing knowledge and driving ideas and projects to reach the goals of the 2030 United Nations Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The multiblog explores the many initiatives launched, or participated in, by UPO researchers.
Here are some of the most notable examples:
- CIRCONOMÌA a widespread and polycentric festival focused on circular economy and locally-available energy sources
- Dal waste mob a #madeincasa. From Waste Mob to #madeincasa: from the struggle to prevent litter being dropped in streets, to recycling domestic items. A social initative to raise awareness among university students on the concepts of circular economy and upcycling/recycling
- 2019 Edition - 2020 Edition of European Researchers’ Night, dedicated to topics of sustainability
- Climbing for Climate, which involved Italian universities in a day of trekking and mountain hiking, to raise awareness on topics included in the 2030 Agenda
- I quattro atenei piemontesi insieme in Consiglio Regionale per lo sviluppo sostenibile: The four Piedmont universities together in the Regional Council for Sustainable Development
- UPO is a partner in the exhibition at Castello di Novara that teaches about balanced diets and sustainability "Nel Nostro Piatto" and "Bia e l'isola dei tesori";
- Lockdown e minore inquinamento: una correlazione tutta da dimostrare; Lockdowns and lower pollution levels: a correlation yet to be proven
- With schools
- Invecchiamento sano: un viaggio di senso multidisciplinare Healthy ageing: a multidisciplinary journey - a Work-based Training project)
- Series of talks on the issue of Healthy Ageing
- Storie di donne - donne nella storia: la discriminazione di genere Stories of women – women in history: sex discrimination, a project by students in class 3^ BIN of the Istituto Tecnico Tecnologico "G. Fauser" of Novara;
- Meno armi, più sostenibilità ambientale Fewer weapons, more environmental sustainability. Promoting responsible chemistry, thanks to UPO and “Sobrero”
- Imprenditoria femminile nella cooperazione Women entrepreneurs in cooperation: a conference to illustrate the agreement between DiSEI, IUSEFOR and Confcooperative Piemonte;
- La condizione della donna tra storia, diritto ed economia The status of women in history, law and economics
- Il soffitto di cristallo: qualcosa è cambiato? The glass ceiling; has anything changed?
- Diversità, opportunità e uguaglianza: le donne nel mercato del lavoro Diversity, opportunity and equality: women in the job market
- UPO participates in the Alessandria event “Aperto per cultura"
- Invecchiare in salute: gli studi UPO sono interdisciplinari Study day: Healthy Ageing; UPO studies are interdisciplinary
- “Traiettorie di innovazione: un dialogo con i protagonisti" Conference: Trajectories of innovation: a dialogue with the protagonists
- Aziende e Disabilità. La legge 68/99 come opportunità per l'innovazione; Companies and Disability: Law 68/99 as an opportunity for innovation
- Rischio ambientale e beni comuni Environmental risk and public assets: DISUM hosts the international conference on historiography and sustainability.
- Ripresa post lockdown: ecco come il Covid-19 cambierà la mobilità verso le università italiane. Post-lockdown restart: this is how Covid-19 will change mobility towards Italian universities