Departments and Centres
MAIN10ANCE is an ambitious project of research, education, promotion and information that looks at cultural heritage from a new perspective in order to learn from symbolic locations of our country and history, combining traditional and innovative technical solutions to forge best practices in management, conservation and maintenance.
The Interreg project “MAIN10ANCE” sets out to define a method and tools for guidance of committees, and organisations of management/assessment and professionals to develop a conservation plan for cultural heritage based on principles of sustainability, with a long-term perspective of planned actions and optimisation of available resources. Also, the project will include some experimental sites where advanced diagnostics, innovative technical solutions and tradition will join together for best practices in maintenance and preservation.
Finally, the partners will analyse how the Sacred Mountains, and their representations, managed to make the local community the centre of a communicative model, not only capturing it figuratively but also engaging it. This effect from the past is today lost and the question is posed as to how to reactive it, proposing methods and tools within the perspective of developing the context for greater tourism benefits.
Italian lead partner:
- Università del Piemonte Orientale
Swiss lead partner
- SUPSI (University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland)
- Regione Piemonte
- Management organisation of the Sacred Mountains - - Politecnico di Torino
- Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage Centre “La Venaria Reale”.
- Confartigianato Imprese Piemonte Orientale
- Ticino Canton Office of Cultural Heritage