Department of Law and Political, Economic and Social Sciences
Alessandria, via Cavour 84
Prof. Giorgio Barberis
This course allows you to select between four tracks (administrative, economic, sociological, historic-political) according to your own strengths and personal preference. Over the three years, you will acquire many interdisciplinary skills that will prove useful in the workplace – whether in public administration, private companies, and the tertiary sector, or as an expert consultant in political, economic and social issues. You will also develop a strong sense of critical thinking that will help you manouevre in today’s society and respond effectively to its ongoing transformation.
- A strongly interdisciplinary course (you can study law, economics, sociology, history and politics)
- Direct and friendly relationship with lecturers
- Development of critical thinking to accurately interpret the world today
- Wide choice of study periods abroad (Erasmus e Free-Mover)
- Strong links with the region (we continue to assist you after graduation)
- Option to continue your education with a Master’s degree (two-year programmes)
Erasmus partner institutions
- Bulgaria: "National and World Economics" (Sofia).
- Czech Republic: Hradec, Masaryk (Brno).
- Finland: Tampere.
- France: Savoie (Chambéry), Sud-Toulon-Var (Tolone), Sophia-Antipolis (Nice), Rouen, Rennes I, Reims-Champagne-Ardenne (Reims), Catholique de Lyon, Paris Nanterres (Paris), Montpellier, Strasbourg.
- Germany: Treviri, Marburg. Lithuania: Kaunas. Malta: Malta (Msida). Poland: “Karol Adamiecki Economiczny” (Katowice), “Jagellllonsky” (Krakow), "Lazarki School of commerce and law" (Warsaw).
- Portugal: Castelo Branco, Lisbon, Porto.
- United Kingdom: Winchester.
- Romania: “1 Decembrie 1918” (Alba Iulia).
- Spain: Alicante, "Miguel Hernandez" (Elche), Jaen, Murcia, La Laguna (Tenerife), "Rovira i Virgili" (Tarragona).
Career and employment opportunities
- Roles in public administration (local, regional, national) and cultural organisations
- Economic managers or specialists in companies, banks and insurance agencies
- Careers in European and international institutions
- Research activity in research departments, communication agencies, political analysis departments and data management
- Consultancy work in companies and public administration
- Roles in the Tertiary Sector (non-profit organisations, cultural associations, international cooperation, intercultural mediation, event organisation)