State-regulated: no. 24 places + 1 reserved for non-EU student
Wednesday 8 September 2020 (Information about the test)
School of Medicine / Department of Health Sciences
Novara, via Perrone 18
Novara, via Lanino, 1
Prof. Pier Luigi Foglio Bonda
There are two elements in this course:
- Theory: covering medical science, dentistry and dental hygiene
The course covers basic disciplines – necessary for comprehension of biomedical topics – and a specific professional content of physiological and pathological processes connected to people’s health at different stages of life - a knowledge of the main pathologies and therapeutical, medical and surgical procedures connected to the profession of dental hygiene, as well as basic notions of care and assistance according to psycho-pedagogical principles, sociology and health ethics, to promote understanding of the integration and interdependence of knowledge and skills from other members of a medical team.
- According to AlmaLaurea data, the employment rate for Dental Hygiene graduates from the Università del Piemonte Orientale (100%) is higher than the national average (55%).
- Workshop activity aimed at professional development of the dental hygienist
- Participation in congresses and conferences in Italy
- A high quality of frontal teaching and strongly profession-based clinical practice internship
- Presence of Clinical Tutors to support learning
Erasmus partner institutions
- France: Sophia-Antipolis (Nice)
- Germany: Marburg
- Greece: Patras
- Poland: Wroclaw
- Portugal: Lisbon
- Spain: “La Laguna” (Tenerife), "Rovira i Virgili" (Tarragona), Valladolid.
Career and employment options
(Decree on Courses, Art. 3, para. 7)
This course prepares participants for a career as
- Dental hygienist
Graduates in dental hygiene can find jobs in health and social care institutions (public or private), whether as a freelancer or employee.