State-regulated: no.29 places + 1 reserved for non-European student
Wednesday 8 September 2020 (Information about the test)
School of Medicine / Department of Health Sciences
Novara, via Lanino, 1
Prof. Emanuele Albano
This course is designed to train professionals who can manage high-level analysis in clinical analysis laboratories, transfusion services, environmental analysis (public and private). The professional training also enables you to work in analysis and quality control laboratories in the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries. Lesssons are designed to provide a specific knowledge of the most modern methodologies used in different sectors of laboratory medicine, with particular focus on molecular diagnosis and bioinformatics, and quality control and management procedures. You will study in a friendly, welcoming environment with an excellent tutoring service, which offers the opportunity to gain scientific research experience in laboratories with cutting edge equipment.
- Theoretical/practical lessons in university research laboratories, and clinical chemistry laboratories and immunohaematology and transfusion centres in Novara, Biella, Vercelli and Borgomanero.
- Opportunity to learn advanced molecular analysis science, and complete internships in highly specialised clinics in Italy and abroad.
- Tutoring network throughout the entire programme
- Possibility of completing the academic path with a UPO Master’s degree in Medical Biotechnology.
Erasmus partner institutions
- France: Sophia-Antipolis (Nice).
- Germany: Marburg.
- Greece: Patras.
- Poland: Wroclaw.
- Portugal: Lisbon.
- Spain: “La Laguna” (Tenerife), "Rovira i Virgili" (Tarragona), Valladolid.
Career and employment opportunities
- Career as biomedical laboratory technician in clinical analysis laboratories, anatomical pathology labs and immunohaematology and transfusion centres (public and private). This is the only qualification accepted for admission to competitive exams.
- Laborary technician, in biomedical research centres (public and private)
- Laboratory technician in analysis or quality control laboratories for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries, and in environmental analysis services (public and private)
- Laboratory animal technician