Department of Science, Technology and Innovation
Alessandria, viale T. Michel 11; Vercelli, piazza S. Eusebio 5
Prof. Marco Cucco
This course provides excellent theoretical and practical knowledge in core areas of biology, to promote immediate employment opportunities or access to a Master’s degree. You will learn in depth about the most up-to-date techniques and research methods in the world of biology – from more laboratory-based aspects, such as biomolecular techniques, to the most sustainable applications such as the study of biodiversity. As well as traditional biology careers, such as analyst technician in laboratories, you will be able to work in the fields of environmental consultancy, teaching, environmental auditing and many more.
- Focused teaching for the most contemporary professions in the world of biology (biomedical, agri-food and environmental analysis in the era of global change)
- Frontal instruction alternated with laboratory work, seminars, and field activities
- Possibility of internship in companies, parks, organisations and consultancy companies
- Guidance and support when applying for Erasmus and Free-Mover international programmes
- Possibility of enrolling on Register B of the Italian Association of Biologists
Erasmus partner institutions
- Spain: “Miguel De Cervantes” (Valladolid), Saragozza, Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Politécnica de Catalunya (Barcelona)
- France: Nantes, Sophia-Antipolis (Nice), Lumière 2 (Lyons)
- Poland: PJ-IIT (Warsaw)
- Portugal: Nova (Lisbon)
- Hungary: University of Debrecen (Debrecen).
Career and employment options
Analysis and consultancy roles in public or private structures in the fields of:
- biological, immunopathological, biochemical and genetic analysis for the medical, food, veterinary and environmental sectors
- biological analysis of water and other environmental elements
- the study, classification and management of animals, plants and micro-organisms
- design and testing of systems as regards biological aspects
- quality controls on biotic materials and products
- environmental impact studies, regarding biological aspects
- projects for the conservation and restoration of the environment and biodiversity, and for biosafety purposes.