Capped (max 150 students). More information will be published on the webpage Enrolments
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Novara, Largo Donegani 2/3
Novara, via Largo Donegani 2/3
Prof. Jean Daniel Coisson
The course provides a theoretical and practical grounding which allows you to acquire the skills necessary for management of a multidisciplinary process – from planning to production, formulation and control of pharnaceutical drugs or other health products. The programme covers complex and diverse disciplines in the chemical-pharmaceutical, biochemical-pharmacological, pharmaceutical technology and nutraceutical-dietary fields. Many different laboratory activities are also followed, culminating in a 6-month full-time research period to prepare an original research dissertation. The programme also involves a six-month internship in a pharmacy open to the general public or, partially, in a hospital pharmacy.
- A balanced study programme, with both chemical and biological elements
- Modern structures and equipment, with friendly and helpful teaching staff
- Experimental study thesis, performed in high-level research laboratories
- Opportunity to study abroad (with Erasmus and Free.Mover programmes)
- A variety of career and employment options
Erasmus partner institutions
- Belgium: Mons (Hainaut-Condorcet), Gent.
- Finland: Helsinki.
- France: Angers.
- Germany: Kiel “Christian-Albrecht”.
- Lithuania: Kaunas.
- Malta: Malta (Msida).
- Poland: Wroclaw.
- Portugal: Porto.
- Spain: “Rovira i Virgili” (Tarragona), Elche, San Jorge (Saragozza), Seville, Oviedo, Granada.
Career and employment options
- Various roles in the pharmaceutical industry (Research and Development, Regulatory Matters, Production, Quality Control)
- Roles in the field of Quality Control for food, cosmetics, herbal products, and medical devices
- Pharmaceutical detailing/medical sales representative
- Analytical laboratory technician
- Pharmacist (in general pharmacies, over-the-counter pharmacies, intermediary distribution), subject to passing the relevant State Exam.
- Chemist, subject to passing the relevant State Exam.