Department of Science, Technology and Innovation
Alessandria, viale T. Michel 11
Prof. Stefania Montani
This course will train you to understand and tackle the multiple problems that underlie the use of information extracted from so-called Big Data technologies, which are applied in a growing number of contexts – from complex diagnostic systems to procedure planning, from business intelligence to bioinformatics and web use. You will acquire the necessary skills to plan and carry out data science, and evaluate the infrastructural and computational actions required to support the entire process.
- You will immediately find job opportunities, with excellent prospects for career growth
- The student/teacher ratio allows productive interaction
- Students can complete an advanced research dissertation (the IT department ranks among the top in its field in Italy, according to ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of the University and Research Systems)
- Optional soft skills course
- Opportunity to study abroad (with Erasmus and Free-Mover programmes).
Erasmus partner institutes
- Spain: “Miguel De Cervantes” (Valladolid), Saragozza, Granada, Cordova, Seville, Politécnica de Catalunya (Barcelona).
- France: Nantes, Sophia-Antipolis (Nice), Lumière 2 (Lyons).
- Poland: PJ-IIT (Warsaw).
- Portugal: Nova (Lisbon), University of Debrecen (Debrecen).
Careers and employment options
- Analyst or designer of software, and of complex systems that use innovative technologies
- Data scientist
- Expert in networks and security systems
- IT researcher or technician
- Continued post-graduate studies with a research doctorate programme.